Sunday, August 16, 2009

confession

Forgive me blogger, for I have sinned. It's been more than two weeks since my last entry. In that time I've been busy and little of what I've been doing is blog-worthy. School is starting soon, and I'm involved with planning too many upcoming events. My workdays have been long and filled with dozens of small tasks, double checking the timelines for various projects so I'm on track, and being constantly interrupted by urgent email.

But I did start playing softball on a friends' coed team. I'm pretty much terrible, though I usually manage to hit the ball and get on base. They have me playing right field, aka the position least likely to see action, which is okay by me. I wish we had a batting cage in town, because I really need to practice. A friend pointed out that I don't know how to swing the bat without moving my whole body along with it, which is probably why I don't hit the ball very hard or far.

I haven't been at yoga much, mainly because I'm too tired to make the morning classes, and there's enough going on at work that it's hard to get away at noon or early evening. This needs to change, because I need the mental health break. It's worth it.

The vegetable bounty in my farm share seems to be improving. It never seems like that much food, but it's really hard to get through it in a week. Especially the greens. I'm a salad lover, but I'm at capacity. I've been loving the yellow squash and zucchini because it's so fast and easy to saute and eat with whatever protein I have on hand. I still have a pretty big zucchini from last week, so I think I'm going to shred it for bread or muffins. This week, I got a couple baby artichokes, some onions, beets, and sweet corn. The beets will get roasted and thrown in a salad with some grapefruit and a citrus vinaigrette. It's fun to try to figure out ways to use this stuff with whatever else I have laying around.

No comments: