Monday, December 13, 2010

travelin'

You know what? I have gone several places in the past few months. I'm not going in order here. In August, I went to Sweden! This time it was Gothenburg, on the west coast, so now I've been to both sides of the country. The visit was for a library conference, but it was a lot of fun, too. I saw so many cool things.

An ABBA cover band opened the conference. You have not lived until you've seen 5000 librarians get up and dance with glee.
IMG_7414

On our first night, we met up with some fun Danish and Finish librarians and stayed out all night barhopping. I think this photo was taken at about 3am in the "shittiest bar in Gothenburg!"
IMG_7431

I ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of free wine. This table represents maybe 1/3 of the wine consumed by two people at one reception. Oops.
IMG_7400

We visited several libraries. I won't bore you with the dozens of photos I took, but at one, I found a printer named for me.
IMG_7445


We saw Jose Gonzales with the Gothenburg String Theory for free in the street because the city cultural festival was happening.
IMG_7392

Cass and I rode hotel bicycles around town one day (yes, I was in a dress).
IMG_7434

With two friends, I ate at a Michelin rated restaurant. My lamb was AMAZING.
IMG_7420

Cass and I went to a two-day music festival and it kicked ass. Let's just say I've never been to a better festival in all my years. The lineup was fantastic and there were club shows for three nights. Crazy.

IMG_7479

LCD Soundsystem was great, and we were way up front.


On our last day, we went to the archipelago for a rainy ferry ride. It was gorgeous.
tiny harbor in the archipelago
peaceful times

No comments: