Friday, September 16, 2005

I've been a long time gone. I have lots of reasons but no excuses. So, Gentle Reader, the last time we met I was about to enjoy me some Bumbershoot. I sure did. Sunday started out well. Melanie and I walked down from her place in the beautiful sunshine. We ran into a friend of hers and went to catch Math & Physics Club. We wanted to avoid the crush by hanging in the beer garden, which wasn't open yet. Then yours truly had the genius idea of hitting the Liquid Lounge, adjacent. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a whisky at noon, but it was nice. Next on the list was the John Wesley Harding and Friends thing, Songs of Misfortune, at Bagley Wright. I admit I was skeptical about the concept--a performance of folk songs from JWH's novel about an orphan boy baby raised by a rich man as a girl--but it was fantastic. Robyn Hitchcock was the narrator! Kurt Bloch and Mike Musburger played in the band! So awesome. Anyway, we came out of the theater in the early evening and it had rained. The sky was grey and ominous.



Now, don't get me wrong--I looooooove the rain. I get cranky when it gets above about 75 around here. But I do not love the rain when I'm dressed in all natural fibers and plan to stand outside to watch the Posies. "Good thing we were inside during the rain," I said smugly to Melanie. Ah, hubris. Not twenty minutes later, we looked like this:



The latest in Seattle style. I particularly like the way the wind is blowing up the trash bags so we are twice our normal sizes. We were not alone.



But it was all worth it. The Posies were off the hook, y'all. Check out Ken's special raingear:



I leave you with one of my favorite things in the world. I can't walk past one of these things without posing for a picture.

1 comment:

Kaijsa said...

I know one of these pics is tiny, but I can't make it bigger. My head hurts.