Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mission Accomplished

We found the coffee shop with wifi! It took 20 minutes to get a toasted bagel and the drip coffee is bland, but unless I find someplace better, I'm sure I'll be back. Oh, Bauhaus, I miss you.

Courtney and I spent much of yesterday afternoon on campus taking loads of pictures. The campus is really pretty and the day was beautiful--sunny and warm with blue skies. We hit the Geology museum and library, which are two of the cooler sites in my opinion.

Back home, I got some stuff up on the walls and the big mobile hung, so my place is taking shape pretty nicely. Courtney's flying home this afternoon and I'll be home alone and working on my office. Work starts tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it. I accepted the position in late December and it's finally starting, three months later. The first couple of weeks in a new job are always strange and by the time I figure out what I'm doing, the semester will be over. I guess I'm glad to be starting off slowly during summer session and getting my feet wet before the big fall semester chaos.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I remember to bring my camera cord with me to an internet connection. My posts might get a little more interesting in the near future. No promises, but I'll try.

No comments: