- "Shuttle" from Laramie to Cheyenne = some guy who works at the airport driving a minivan rented from Hertz.
- That guy doesn't know where he's going. He also drives kind of slowly.
- We arrive in Cheyenne minutes before our flight boards. It doesn't matter; the plane is late.
- I [allegedly] succeed in carrying [alleged] lipbalm in my pocket. Victory and non-chapped lips are [allegedly] mine.
- We arrive in Denver after our next flight begins boarding. The pilot calls our connecting flight.
- With fast-walking and positive thinking, we make it halfway across the airport and to our gate in 13 minutes.
- Our bags do not make it.
- Our pending upgrade to first class went through, so we sit down in relative comfort just as the doors close.
- I commence drinking wine, eating fruit and cheese, and gossiping with the flight attendant.
- The towncar Mom thoughtfully booked drives us home.
- My brother and sister-in-law come over for dinner, bearing the news that they're having a boy. We celebrate, then watch the Big Brother All-Stars live eviction show.
- Blissful sleep in my parents' comfy guest bed, which I share with two large dogs.
- United delivers our bags at 6:00 am.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Travel is fun II: Home at last