Thursday, May 31, 2007

Random Eight

Jessica tagged me for the Eight Random Things meme. Okay, I'm unleashing my innner weirdo.

1. I'm naturally a night-owl and have chronic insomnia, but I have a hard time forcing myself to go to bed when I'm tired. Of course, I'm usually sleepy between 5:00 and 7:00pm when it's too early for bed. By the time it's a reasonable bedtime, I'm wide awake. Despite hating to get out of bed in the morning, I'm pretty happy once I'm up and moving.

2. My memory for some details is really great--I can remember in detail the outfits my friends and I rocked in junior high--but I have to put everything on my Outlook calendar or I won't know what I'm supposed to be doing, or where that event is taking place.

3. I procrastinate even when I benefit from getting something done, like depositing checks, requesting reimbursements, or going to the grocery store when my fridge is empty.

4. I have very neat handwriting and honestly think that people who don't are just lazy. Unless they're little children or have a disability, of course.

5. Some weekends, I don't step foot outside my house from the time I get home on Friday night to the time I leave for work on Monday morning. There's nowhere in town to just hang out alone, anyway.

6. I'm a water connoisseur. I detest Evian because it tastes of silica. There's a WY-produced water called AquaVista that's like gross tap water. I generally prefer still water to sparkling, but sometimes want some fizz. Favorite brands: Aspen Pure, Volvic, Le Bleu, Ty Nant, and Ramlösa. Fiji is very good, too, but loses points for the square bottle that doesn't fit in my cup holder. I work on a Pepsi campus, so the best I can get at work is Aquafina. At that price point, I prefer Coke's Desani. That said, I'm really trying to save money and buy less plastic, so I use a Britta pitcher at home. I filter all the water I drink and cook with. I will say in all seriousness, "I made some water" when offering up beverage choices, and my friends either use the same expression or at least know what it means. Are you afraid of me now?

7. People who know me in real life think I'm an outgoing extrovert, because I love working with people and spending time with friends. But I need a lot of solitary time and there are some activities I have a hard time doing with other people, like watching television or film. It's hard for me to live with another person because I need my home to be just mine. On the flipside, sharing hotel rooms with friends/colleagues and having or being a houseguest is kind of fun.

8. Believe it or not, there are lots of people out there who share my first name. Most of them spell it Kaisa or Kajsa; Kaijsa is a much less common version. My middle name is Joi, after a dear friend of my mother, and I've never encountered anybody else with the name spelled this way.

If you read this, consider yourself tagged. Or not. Whatever. Stop looking at me like that.

3 comments:

Joshua M. Neff said...

Wow, numbers 1, 2, and 3 could also easily apply to me. Number 7 also sort of applies to me, except I'm not incredibly attached to my living space being "just so" and I don't have a problem living with other people (except that I often need time to myself).

Nee S. said...

We once had a cat named Kajsa. She was named when we got her (in Sweden), after a character in an Astrid Lindgren book. Best cat we ever had! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Doppleganger:

http://kaisa.blogspot.com/

I slipped when I was typing you in.

Or maybe just double doppler.

Fuck it. Ima call you.