Tuesday, February 05, 2008

leap year!

Hey, did you know it's leap year? Woot! Whatever will I do with my one extra day? It's hard to believe we're already into February, and this short month will probably fly by before I know it.

I had a really good weekend. Friday, I went to the art museum reception, which I try to hit every time. This time was special because it was the student juried exhibit, and I'm all about that. After, some friends and I went for a quick drink and then out for sushi dinner bonanza. Seriously, Cass and I commented a few times that it was like a taste of home (the 206). We ordered crazy amounts of food, and the chef also sent over an amazing sashimi platter. We of course got a bunch of rolls, and one of our party commented that we certainly had a theme going when he noticed we had, among other rolls, Boy Friend, Rainbow, and Crunchy Sexy. We also had 911, which nearly made me die when I shoved a piece in my mouth, hot sauce-side-first. It was a really fun night.

Then on Saturday, it was Thai dinner night with a fun group of people. We cooked up fun stuff and ate and had good conversation for a couple of hours. Everything was so, so good. And now I crave more Thai iced coffee, which I made for the first time after loving it for years. We definitely need to do it again.

After all that, Sunday was a more low-key affair. I stayed in pajamas until after noon, when I was shamed into dressing and going to the library to work on lit review stuff for the class Rick and I are taking this semester. It's nice to be taking it with a friend, because I stay on task better that way. The other people in the class are nice, too. I think it's good for my brain to take a class outside my discipline background but within my professional interests. And it can't hurt that it will help me do a better job with research.

Note to self: order The English Patient from Prospector and find my copy of Running in the Family and re-read it.

No comments: