Monday, July 03, 2006

Answers

Here are the answers to the music quiz thang, in case you're burning up with curiosity. My list looks a lot like it might have when I was in high school. I don't know what that says about me.

1. Anything you want/Everything you need
Erasure, "Don't Dance"

2. I've been lying here so lonely/
I've been wishing you would telephone me
Dead or Alive, "Lover Come Back to Me"

3. I've seen the future, I can't afford it/Tell me the truth sir, someone just bought it
ABC, "(How To Be a) Millionaire" --V$

4. I know just what to say/It's just a game I play
The Assembly, "Never Never"

5.
There's more besides joyrides/A little house in the countryside
Depeche Mode, "Get the Balance Right"

6. Flying, show me how it feels/As dreams go sinking clouds that must be real
Catherine Wheel, "Balloon"

7. I'll call you sister Carrie but I'll never say it/Mute it to a whisper
The Posies, "Solar Sister" --V$

8. You had something to hide/Should have hidden it shouldn't you
Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth" --Gwen

9. I walked across an empty land/I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
Keane, "Somewhere Only We Know"

10. Squeaky swings and tall grass/The longest shadows ever cast
Death Cab For Cutie, "Summer Skin"

11. While you make pretty speeches/I'm being cut to shreds
Radiohead, "Like Spinning Plates"

12. I know you didn't mean it and you're sorry that i left/I'll go right on pretending i've got nothing to regret
Mirah, "We're Both So Sorry"

13. Only this (moment)/Holds us (together)
Royksopp, "Only This Moment"

14. Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
The Smiths, "I Know It's Over"

15. It's three o'clock in the morning/Or maybe it's four
Cake, "Haze of Love" --Kim

16. Where's the harm in voicing your doubt/You'll find me in the lavatory
Sundays, "You're Not The Only One"

17. Our unsleepable friend/Gets the message on an ill-wind
Morrissey, "Disappointed"

18. Nothing's gonna save you now/No one's gonna change you now
Jon Auer, "Six Feet Under"

19. I want to kill this man but he turned around and ran/I'll kill him with karate that I learned in Japan
Ben Kweller, "I'm On My Way"

20. When I was young and full of grace and spirited--a rattlesnake/When I was young and fever fell my spirit, I will not tell
R.E.M., "I Believe"

No comments: