I saw this at Gwen World. I thought it was a good opportunity to make a plug for Pandora, which I've been listening to at work. It seems to know me pretty well after three weeks of telling it what I do and don't like.
Step 1: Put your iPod/MP3 player or iTunes on random. I'm using Pandora instead.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post it on your blog and let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Update the list with the song title when someone guesses correctly. (I will identify any unguessed songs by Monday.)
Step 5: Make your guesses by leaving a comment. You have to identify both title and artist. No fair Googling!
1. Anything you want/Everything you need
2. I've been lying here so lonely/I've been wishing you would telephone me
3. I've seen the future, I can't afford it/Tell me the truth sir, someone just bought it
4. I know just what to say/It's just a game I play
5. There's more besides joyrides/A little house in the countryside
6. Flying, show me how it feels/As dreams go sinking clouds that must be real
7. I'll call you sister Carrie but I'll never say it/Mute it to a whisper
8. You had something to hide/Should have hidden it shouldn't you
9. I walked across an empty land/I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
10. Squeaky swings and tall grass/The longest shadows ever cast
11. While you make pretty speeches/I'm being cut to shreds
12. I know you didn't mean it and you're sorry that i left/I'll go right on pretending i've got nothing to regret
13. Only this (moment)/Holds us (together)
14. Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
15. It's three o'clock in the morning/Or maybe it's four
16. Where's the harm in voicing your doubt/You'll find me in the lavatory
17. Our unsleepable friend/Gets the message on an ill-wind
18. Nothing's gonna save you now/No one's gonna change you now
19. I want to kill this man but he turned around and ran/I'll kill him with karate that I learned in Japan
20. When I was young and full of grace and spirited--a rattlesnake/When I was young and fever fell my spirit, I will not tell
That's it. I don't know if my handful of readers will comment, but do feel free to make guesses.