Saturday, February 07, 2009

happy hour

I had planned to work late again tonight, but when 5:00pm rolled around, I was burned out and was glad to go downtown to meet some people for happy hour. I still have to do a bunch of stuff this weekend, but there's plenty of time to do it.

What I'm really looking forward to this weekend is sleeping until I wake up with no alarm tomorrow. I've already stayed up too late again tonight, but that's okay.

Have you seen any good movies? I watched The Duchess last night, and was pleasantly surprised by it. Sometimes I'm really in the mood for a soapy costume drama. A friend told me today that he just watched and enjoyed The Other Boleyn Girl. Looks like I'm not alone in my tastes. Speaking of movies, I keep trying to force myself to go to a new one in the theater, but I just can't. Maybe it's that I'm not ready to sit still at 7:00pm, but the thought of a 9:30pm show makes me weep from exhaustion. I haven't made it to either of the spring film movies, either. What's wrong with me?

But I'm not just full of complaints. I've also enjoyed several things this week, namely the music I borrowed from the libraries: Hayes Carll, Neko Case, Bill Frisell, and Drive-by Truckers. I've spent so much time at my desk, banging out reports, handouts, lesson plans, and answering emails that I've had more chance to sit still and listen to music. All I want to hear right now is country.

Also, the most delightful bit of dialogue appeared on FNL week before last, courtesy of the always delightful Tim Riggins.
Lila: Where are your pants?
Riggins: They're over there, by the refrigerator. It was hot
The logic is unassailable. Damn, I love that show.

No comments: