Tuesday, August 16, 2005

So, I have to make a plug for Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. A colleague recommended it and I am so happy she did. I love working with librarians. I started the first book on Sunday night before bed (bad idea) and was halfway through the third book by the time I left for work this morning. I've never really been into genre fiction, especially fantasy, but I've read several good titles lately and am beginning to wonder what else I've been missing all this time.

One of my BFFs lent me Terry Pratchett's Night Watch, which I'm having a hard time getting into. I'll follow Nancy Pearl's 50 page rule before I decide whether I like it or not. In any case, I'm taking a break from ny old pal Hemingway for a little while. The Sun Also Rises was great, but I need somthing totally different.

Suggestions always welcome!

No comments: