Sunday, June 24, 2007

Fifteen years

I still have a few boxes around from my move last year and today I went through a couple of them. Why do I keep this stuff? I have a huge box of nothing but old notebooks and day planners from college. It appears that I once took very neat notes in tiny, tiny printing on chemistry and biology, complete with meticulous diagrams.

Also included in one of the boxes were the old journals I was thinking about a while ago. I've always been a list maker, though I tend to not be a list completer. One of the more interesting ones I found was an inventory of the shows I saw the summer of 1992 and may be incomplete. It's definitely not chronological. Here it is:
  1. Lollapalooza: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pearl Jam, Lush (Kitsap County Fairground, July 22)
  2. Endfest: Beastie Boys, Sonic Youth, L-7, Sara Maclachlan, Charlatans UK, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Mudhoney, the Posies (Kitsap County Fairground, August 8)
  3. the Posies with Flop and Sky Cries Mary (Moore Theatre, June 26)
  4. Nirvana with Helmet (Seattle Center Coliseum, August 23)
  5. Morrissey with Gallon Drunk (Paramount Theatre)
  6. the Posies with Flop and Gnome (Moore Theatre)
  7. Drop in the Park: Pearl Jam with Cypress Hill and Seaweed (Magnuson Park, September 20)
  8. Sun 60 (OK Hotel)
  9. Hammerbox
  10. Treepeople
  11. Bumbershoot: They Might Be Giants, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Queen Latifah, many more (Seattle Center, Labor Day Weekend)
  12. Jr. Cadillac
  13. Violent Femmes (Paramount Theatre, April 8)
  14. Popllama Picnic: the Posies, the Fastbacks, Stumpy Joe, the Squirrels, the Picketts, Conrad Uno (Volunteer Park)
  15. the Cure with the Cranes (Seattle Center Coliseum, July 1)
Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish when you work part-time at an ice cream store and live at home? It was fun, but I wouldn't really want to be 18 again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too entertaining! I went to that Lollapalooza and saw The Cure on that tour. I was just thinking about that Cure show debating whether or not I should try to see them at Red Rocks this year.

Kaijsa said...

The Cure is quite nice live, though I would have to be sure they were playing old stuff to make an overpriced concert worthwhile.

LeslieB said...

I thought of you this weekend when Alyssa, Amanda, and I heard The Posies' Suddenly Mary in the lobby of our Holiday Inn. You gotta love Alternative Musak!