Thursday, January 01, 2009

home for the holidays


forest kelpie, originally uploaded by Kaijsa.

I got back to Laramie yesterday just before noon, and I'm still so tired. The trip to Seattle was hectic and filled with hassles, but turned out well in the end.

Highlights include spending time with my nephew and the rest of the family, pinochle, Vietnamese lunch with SJ, day of fun with Melanie and Ed, drinks on Capitol Hill, finally getting my luggage, walking to breakfast at Portage Bay Cafe, pouring rain replacing snow, and sleeping in late.

By the way, the photo above is my favorite of Ed's kelpies. It's creepy awesome.

2 comments:

jess said...

Kelpie is creepy for sure, what exactly is a forest kelpie? What is it made out of?

Kaijsa said...

Ed makes kelpies out of kelp. I think I just called named him that because he looks like some kind of enchanted creepy tree-person.